Home > Ekho > E-20
Ekho E-20 Heart Rate Monitor
Ekho E-20 heart rate monitor is a basic heart rate monitor which is one model up from the E-15. Compared with the E-15, the E-20 has an additional backlight feature but is otherwise identical to the E-15.
The main features of the E-20 are listed below:
- Continuous heart rate monitoring
- You can manually set the upper and lower limits of your heart rate training zone.
- You hear audible alerts when your heart rate goes outside of your heart rate zone.
- Stop watch to start and stop your exercise session
- Post exercise summary: Duration, maximum heart rate, average heart rate and calories burnt of the exercise session
- Basic time keeping: Time, date but no wake up alarm
- Wireless heart rate monitor (ECG accurate) with an analogue chest strap transmitter and a wrist watch receiver
The features in bold above denote the features found in E-20 but not in E-15.
The E-20 allows you to set your heart rate training zone and alerts you when you are over- or under-training. Your training can now be guided by your heart rate monitor.
The E-20 has detailed post exercise summary. Once you have finished, you review the duration and your maximum and average heart rates of the session. The E-20 also tells you the calories you have burnt during your exercise session. This last bit (calories consumed) is probably the most important statistic for people exercising to lose weight and keep in good shape. The E-20 calculates the calories burnt using 4 pieces of information: Your weight, your gender, the session duration and your heart rates while you were exercising.
You can set date making the E-20 usable as an every day watch.
The E-20 can interface with heart rate interactive exercise equipment. You can replace the battery for the chest strap transmitter yourself but not for the wrist watch unit.
Just like the E-15, the Ekho E-20 is a much more full featured heart rate monitor compared to the E-10. The calorie counter in particularly will be welcomed by users who are training to:
- keep themselves generally fit and healthy
- manage or lose weight
Reviews: This page has a concise summary of Ekho heart rate monitor reviews.
Further information: Visit Ekho's official web site.
Next up in the series is the Ekho E-300 heart rate monitor.
Not sure which heart rate monitor is right for you? Take a look at the Which Heart Rate Monitor page.
Copyright 2007-2011 Heart-rate-monitor-watches.com