Home > Ekho > WM-25
Ekho WM-25 Heart Rate Monitor
Ekho WM-25 heart rate monitor is the second model in Ekho's weight management series. It is a basic heart rate monitor whose list of features is a lot more complete than that of the Ekho WM-5.
Below are the main features of the WM-25:
- Continuous heart rate monitoring
- You can train inside a heart rate zone by manually setting your upper and lower heart rate limits.
- You hear audible alerts when your heart rate goes outside of your heart rate zone.
- Stop watch to start and stop your exercise session
- Calories count down timer
- Post exercise summary: Duration, maximum heart rate, average heart rate, calories burnt and time above/in/below target zone of the exercise session
- Basic time keeping: Time and date but no wake up alarm
- Wireless heart rate monitor (ECG accurate) with an analogue chest strap transmitter and a wrist watch receiver
The features in bold above denote the features found in WM-25 but not in WM-5.
The WM-25 introduces heart rate training zone with audible alarm, which are quite important for setting training goal and for preventing over- or under-training.
Just as in the WM-5, the calorie count down timer lets your set how many calories you plan to consume during your exercise. The timer will alert you when you have done just that during your exercise.
The WM-5 is much better at recalling what you have achieved in your last session. Once you are done, you can review a host of information so you know how well you have done in your session. The most important piece of information for weight management is the number of calories that you have burnt.
The WM-25 does not have a backlight. It can interface with heart rate interactive exercise equipment. You can replace the battery for the chest strap transmitter yourself but not for the wrist watch unit.
The Ekho WM-25 heart rate monitor, though still basic, is considerably more full-featured that the bare-boned WM-5.
Reviews: This page has a concise summary of Ekho heart rate monitor reviews.
Further information: Visit Ekho's official web site.
Not sure which heart rate monitor is right for you? Take a look at the Which Heart Rate Monitor page.
Copyright 2007-2011 Heart-rate-monitor-watches.com