Home > Nike > Imara
Nike Imara Heart Rate Monitor
The Nike Imara heart rate monitor is a stylish and functional intermediate heart rate monitor designed for female exercisers. It is one of the most sought after heart rate monitors on the market. It does not look out of place even if you wear it as an ordinary time keeping watch.
Important Note: The Nike Imara is obsolete. Please take a look at the Polar FT4 For Women, it has similar features.
The main features of the Nike Imara heart rate monitor are:
- Continuous heart rate monitoring: You can see, at any point during the exercise, what your heart rate is.
- You can display your heart rate in beats per minute or % of maximum heart rate
- You can manually set your heart rate training zone using beats per minute or % of maximum heart rate
- An audio zone alarm (if switched on) beeps and a visual indicator alerts you when you train above or below your target zone limits.
- You get real time display of calories burnt.
- A Two segment countdown timer. You can use it for doing interval training.
- Stop watch to start and stop exercise session
- Post exercise summary: Duration, calories burnt, average heart rate, time in/above/below target zone
- Basic time keeping: Time, date, alarm
- Power Save feature: You can set the time after which the watch will go to sleep i.e. the display goes off to save battery life. Wake up the watch up by pressing any button.
- Designed for women with small wrists
- Wireless heart rate monitor (ECG accurate) with an analogue chest strap transmitter and a wrist watch receiver
The Imara heart rate monitor has heart rate training limits with audible alarm. These limits are important for setting training goal and for preventing over- or under-training.
The two segment countdown timer can be used for interval training. For example, you can set the first segment for a run of 3 minutes and the second segment for a 2-minute recovery walk. You start the timer when you start running. When 3 minutes is up, the timer beeps as the first segment is completed. You start to walk. Two minutes later, the timer beeps as the second segment is completed. So you start running again. And so on until you want to stop!
You can recall in detail what you have achieved in your session: calories burnt, average heart rate, time in/above/below target zone.
Calories burnt is an important piece of information if you are on some kind of weight management program.
Time in/above/below target zone gives you an idea of whether you have achieved what you set out to do. Were you disciplined enough to spend the vast majority of your time in your target zone?
The Nike Imara heart rate monitor is a modern, sleek, well-designed women's heart rate monitor. It has got plenty of features to help you control your workout and give you feedback about how you have done.
Reviews: This page has a concise summary of Nike heart rate monitor reviews.
Further information: Visit Nike's official web site.
Not sure which heart rate monitor is right for you? Take a look at the Which Heart Rate Monitor page.
Copyright 2007-2011 Heart-rate-monitor-watches.com