Home > Suunto > T1
Suunto T1 Heart Rate Monitor
The Suunto T1 heart rate monitor is a stylish and simple heart rate monitor. It is designed for various fitness activities: walking, gym training, running and cycling. Even though it is the entry level monitor from Suunto, it has calories burnt and lap memory, features that you would normally find in a higher end heart rate monitor. It comes in various colors, so the image you see on the right is not the only one available for sale.
Important Note: The Suunto T1c is the most recent revision of the Suunto T1 heart rate monitor. The Suunto T1c comes with the new comfort heart rate belt which uses coded transmission to avoid interference in a crowded environment. So if you are buying new, it is probably better to choose Suunto T1c to take advantage of these new enhancements. Suunto T1c comes in several colors.
The main features of the Suunto T1 heart rate monitor are:
- Continuous heart rate monitoring
- You can set heart rate training limits
- You can also set up 3 heart rate training zones. The default is zone 1 (60 to 70% Max HR), zone 2 (70 to 80% Max HR) and zone 3 (80 to 90% Max HR).
- You can set a tone to beep when you train above/below your limits or when you cross the boundary of your training zones
- Heart rate can be set and displayed as BPM (beats per minute) or % of Max HR (percentage of maximum heart rate)
- Your heart rate is shown numerically and also in a speedometer-like display on the rim of the watch
- You can view real time calories burnt
- You can view real time average heart rate
- Stop watch to start and stop exercise session
- You can take up to 99 laps, of which the first 30 is stored in memory
- Post-exercise summary: Duration, calories burnt, average heart rate, maximum heart rate, time spent in and out of zones and limits, summary of each stored lap
- You can examine total values for this week, last week, this month and last month: calories burnt, training time and time spent within and outside of each zone
- Basic time keeping: Time (2 time zones), date, alarm
- Both chest strap and wrist watch batteries are user replaceable
- Water resistant up to 30m
- Analogue wireless transmission with chest strap. The T1 is available both in a non-coded and coded (new) version.
- Choice of colors
The Suunto T1 heart rate monitor is well equipped and well priced for an entry level monitor. You can check your various heart rate stats (current, average, maximum), plus calorie consumption. And for runners, you can take laps.
This takes you to Amazon for some of the best selections for this model. Certain selections come with FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Reviews: This page has a concise summary of Suunto heart rate monitor reviews.
Further information: Visit Suunto's official web site.
Not sure which heart rate monitor is right for you? Take a look at the Which Heart Rate Monitor page.
Copyright 2007-2011 Heart-rate-monitor-watches.com