Home > Mio > Stride
Mio Stride Heart Rate Monitor
The Mio Stride heart rate monitor is a combination of a strapless heart rate monitor with ECG accurate measurements and a pedometer, all hosted within one single unit. It is part of the Pedometer Watch series from Mio. It requires that you put two fingers on the sensors on the wrist watch to measure your heart rate. Hence it measures heart rate on demand, rather than continuously. The pedometer functionality of Mio Stride counts steps and calories, and measures speed and distance.
Note that there is a variant for smaller wrists: Mio Stride Petite. The Mio Stride Petite has the exact same features as Mio Stride.
The main features of the Mio Stride heart rate monitor are:
- Strapless (no chest strap), on demand heart rate monitoring
- Heart rate displayed as beats per minutes and percentage of your estimated maximum heart rate (calculated using your personal data)
- Heart rate zone can be set manually or automatically. Audible alerts can be set to inform you when you are outside of your heart rate zone when the measurement is made.
- In pedometer mode, it tracks steps, calories, distance and speed. You can view these data while you are walking.
- Countdown timer
- Stop watch (count up timer)
- It can measure and record your resting heart rate
- Basic time keeping: time, day of week, date, daily alarm, dual time
The other variant of Mio Stride is the smaller Mio Stride Petite as shown below.
The great thing about the Mio Stride is that it combines both heart rate monitor and pedometer into one unit. This is great for walkers and light joggers who now can track heart rate, calories, step and distance information readily.
Mio Stride heart rate monitor also allows you to set a heart rate zone if desired. When you measure your heart rate, it will beep once when your heart rate is within the zone, and twice if it is above or below the zone. This feature helps to remind you to exercise at the right intensity.
The resting heart rate feature is great for tracking your fitness over time. As you become fitter, you will find that your resting heart rate progressively becomes lower.
During the set up phase, you should input several relevant personal data to ensure that the various calcuations are accurate. The data include age, gender, weight, height and stride length. The sensitivity level of the pedometer can be adjusted.
There are two timers: count up (stop watch) and count down to suit your need.
The Mio Stride heart rate monitor combines the features of a strapless heart rate monitor with those of a pedometer. It will appeal to walkers and light joggers. Furthermore it comes in two versions to suit different wrist sizes.
This takes you to Amazon for some of the best selections for this model. Certain selections come with FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Reviews: This page has a concise summary of Mio heart rate monitor reviews.
Further information: Visit Mio's official web site.
Not sure which heart rate monitor is right for you? Take a look at the Which Heart Rate Monitor page.
Copyright 2007-2011 Heart-rate-monitor-watches.com