Home > Sportline > Duo 1010
Sportline Duo 1010 Heart Rate Monitor
The Sportline Duo 1010 heart rate monitor is a member of the Sportline Duo series. It has one unusual feature: it can be used with or without a chest strap. When used without a chest strap, you put and hold one finger on the wrist watch sensor and wait for
a few seconds for the heart rate readout. If you prefer continuous heart rate monitoring, you can wear the included chest strap, and it will give you continuous heart rate readouts.
Sportline Duo 1010 therefore offers you a combination of flexibility and convenience. You simply choose the heart rate measurement method that suits you or your particular sport better.
Its main features are:
- Strapless (no chest strap), on demand heart rate monitoring
- Continuous heart rate monitoring with the use of the included chest strap
- Heart rate can be displayed as beats per minutes and percentage of your calculated maximum heart rate
- Heart rate training zone can be set manually or automatically
- In the automatic setting of heart rate training zone, you can choose one of the 3 pre-set heart rate zones (based on your own personal data).
- There are audible beeps and visual indicators to show you if you are training below or above your heart rate training zone
- You can view the following workout data: times below/in/above your target heart rate zone, calories burnt, fat burnt, current time, maximum and average heart rates.
- Countdown timer
- Stop watch
- It records up to 25 laps. Individual lap times and average heart rate for each lap can be reviewed.
- Basic time keeping: time, day of the week, date, daily alarm, hourly chime (on/off)
- Key beep (on/off)
There is a version of the Sportline Duo 1010 for women. It has essentially the same features but with a slightly different shape and size. The women's version also has a heart rate lock to prevent accidental finger touch measurement of heart rate. See the photo below.
The Sportline Duo 1010 heart rate monitor has the heart rate training zone feature with audible and visual alerts. It has got two timers, a count up (stop watch) and a countdown timer. There is a fair amount of workout data that you can review: e.g. your average and maximum heart rates of the session, and time spent below/in/above your target zone.
For runners, this Sportline heart rate monitor records up to 25 laps, and you can review each lap's time and average heart rate afterwards.
During the set up phase, you are required to set up your personal profile such as gender, year of birth, height and weight to ensure that the calorie and maximum heart rate calcuations are accurate.
The Sportline Duo 1010 allows you to monitor your heart rate either with or without a chest strap. Hence the word "Duo" in the name of the series. For certain sports, it is best to use a chest strap, whereas for others, it is not necessary to use one. You get to choose which one is more appropriate for the ocassion.
This takes you to Amazon for some of the best selections for this model. Certain selections come with FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Further information: Visit Sportline's official web site.
Not sure which heart rate monitor is right for you? Take a look at the Which Heart Rate Monitor page.
Copyright 2007-2011 Heart-rate-monitor-watches.com