Home > Suunto > Advizor
The Suunto Advizor is an outdoor activity watch with some heart rate monitoring facilities. It is primarily aimed at outdoor enthusiasts who are into skiing, kayaking, mountain climbing, hiking etc and who also would like to have their heart rate measured and recorded along the way. For example, it has got some heart rate sampling facilities which record your heart rate, rate of ascent/descent, altitude and a host of other information at set intervals automatically. You can then review them in detail later on. This unit is a very specialist device intended for someone who really knows what he/she wants out of it.
The main features of the Suunto Advizor are:
- Altimeter: Altitude, vertical speed, altitude alarm, logbook, memory capacity for different recording intervals. The heart rate sampling (recording) interval can be chosen from 20s, 1 minute, 10 minutes and 60 minutes.
- Barometer: Sea level pressure, absolute pressure, weather trend graph, temperature
- Compass: Cardinal bearing, North-South arrow, bearing tracking, declination setting
- Continuous heart rate monitoring
- You can set heart rate training limits
- You can set a tone to beep when you train above/below your limits
- Outer circumference will graphically show your current heart rate in relation to your heart rate limits
- Stop watch with up to 30 split time measurements
- Two segment Interval timer with repeats
- Post-exercise summary: Duration, average, minimum and maximum heart rate, time spent below/in/above target zone
- Basic time keeping: Time (2 time zones), date, 3 alarms
- Both chest strap and wrist watch batteries are user replaceable
- Water resistant up to 30m
- Analogue wireless transmission with chest strap.
The Suunto Advizor is a specialist outdoor activity watch that has some heart rate monitor measurement and recording capabilities. It has advanced functionality for its altimeter, barometer and compass features and can be quite complicated to use. So if these outdoor features are are not really what you need, then take a look at the Suunto's T series heart rate monitors instead. However, if you want to see how your heart rate is affected by altitude and rate of accent over a period of outdoor activity (hiking, climbing etc), then the Suunto Advizor is a great device. It has very good reviews on Amazon.
This takes you to Amazon for some of the best selections for this model. Certain selections come with FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Reviews: This page has a concise summary of Suunto heart rate monitor reviews.
Further information: Visit Suunto's official web site.
Not sure which heart rate monitor is right for you? Take a look at the Which Heart Rate Monitor page.
Copyright 2007-2011 Heart-rate-monitor-watches.com