Home > Timex > Road Trainer
Timex Ironman Road Trainer Heart Rate Monitor
The Timex Ironman Road Trainer heart rate monitor is an intermediate heart rate monitor. It has some minor additional functionalities over the Timex Ironman Zone Trainer. This Timex heart monitor also has four variants, two full-sized and two mid-sized models, each with different colors and trims. Their numeric designations are T5K212 (Full Size), T5K211 (Full Size), T5K213 (Mid Size) and T5K214 (Mid Size).
The main features of the Timex Ironman Road Trainer heart rate monitor are:
- Continuous Heart Rate Monitoring
- Manual Heart Rate Training Zone with Audio Alerts (when exercising heart rate goes above or below the zone)
- Based on your maximum heart rate (which you input), the HRM automatically calculates 5 target heart rate zones. You can choose which one you want to train in a particular session.
- You can change the watch display so that the 2 rows show different combinations of training data
- Heart rate can be displayed as BPM or % of Max HR
- 100 hour stop watch to time exercise duration
- Store lap and split time. Lap time is elapsed time for one lap. Split time is total elapsed time from the start. You can store up to 50 laps in total. It also records the average heart rate per lap.
- 100 hour countdown timer (stop or repeat)
- Recovery heart rate timer (1 or 2 minutes)
- The following session data can be reviewed: total duration, time in target zone, average heart rate, maximum heart rate, minimum heart rate, calories burnt, recovery heart rate, lap and split times (showing also the average heart rate for each lap)
- Basic time and date keeping, 2 time zones, alarm
- Wireless heart rate monitor composed of a digital chest strap transmitter and a wrist watch receiver
- Water resistant (chest belt up to 30m, wrist watch up to 100m). However, do not press any buttons under water.
- User-replaceable Battery
- Compatible with Data Recorder and Data Recorder 2 (both optional extras). The Data Recorder records workout data which can then uploaded to a computer and displayed as graphs.
The features printed in bold are found in the Road Trainer model but not in the preceding Zone Trainer model. So these are the differences between the two models.
With the Timex Ironman Road Trainer, you can now take up to 50 laps (as opposed to 27 laps in the preceding Zone Trainer model). Furthermore the countdown timer can be set to repeat, so that when the timer counts down to zero, it automatically starts another countdown again. Note however that the graphical heart rate zone display feature, available in the Zone Trainer, is no longer present in the Road Trainer.
The Timex Ironman Road Trainer has only minor enhancements over the Zone Trainer model. That's why there is very little difference between the official prices between the two models. Features such as the stop watch, lap/split times taking, stop or repeat count down timer, recovery timer, digital transmission make this a great intermediate heart rate monitor. And if you invest in the additional Data Recorder, you can even have your training data displayed as graphs on your computer.
This takes you to Amazon for some of the best selections for this model. Certain selections come with FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Further information: Visit Timex's official web site.
Next one up in the Timex series is the Timex Ironman Race Trainer. Again it comes with several colors, shapes and sizes. There are 4 sub-models with the numeric designation of
T5K217, T5K216, T5K218 and T5K219. These 4 models all have the same features.
Not sure which heart rate monitor is right for you? Take a look at the Which Heart Rate Monitor page.
Copyright 2007-2011 Heart-rate-monitor-watches.com