Home > Oregon Scientific > SE128
Oregon Scientific SE128
Oregon Scientific SE128 heart rate monitor is a basic heart rate monitor. It is a slightly more advanced model than the SE200, even though normally the numeric order would suggest otherwise.
Heart Rate Monitor
The main features of the SE128 are:
- Continuous heart rate monitoring
- You can manually set your heart rate training zone.
- An audio alarm (if switched on) and visual indicators alert you when you are training above or below your heart rate zone limits.
- Calories burnt
- Stop watch
- Basic time keeping: Time, date and alarm
- Wireless heart rate monitor (ECG accurate) with an analogue chest strap transmitter and a wrist watch receiver
- Keypad lock on wrist watch so that its operations are not affected by the accidental pushing of buttons
- Battery for chest strap transmitter is user-replaceable.
- It can work with gym equipment (e.g. treadmills) capable of picking up your transmitter's signals to show your heart rate on the equipment's display panel
The features in bold above denote the features found in SE128 but not in SE200.
The SE128 is missing the following basic features: Average heart rate, maximum heart rate of exercise session.
The Oregon Scientific SE128 is a simple heart rate monitor for beginning heart rate monitor users. It is very similar to the Oregon Scientific HR102 and the Oregon Scientific SE200 in terms of features. All three are entry level heart rate monitors with standard features like heart rate training zone with alarm. The Oregon SE128, however, has the additional calories burnt feature for weight loss and management.
This takes you to Amazon for some of the best selections for this model. Certain selections come with FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Reviews: This page has a concise summary of Oregon Scientific heart rate monitor reviews.
Further information: Visit Oregon Scientific's official web site.
For the next model in the SE series, we are going to look at the Oregon Scientific SE102. It has some really unusual features.
Not sure which heart rate monitor is right for you? Take a look at the Which Heart Rate Monitor page.
Copyright 2007-2011 Heart-rate-monitor-watches.com