Home > Ekho > E-15
Ekho E-15 Heart Rate Monitor
Ekho E-15 heart rate monitor is a basic heart rate monitor with a significant number of enhancements over the Ekho E-10.
The main features of the E-15 are listed below:
- Continuous heart rate monitoring
- You can manually set the upper and lower limits of your heart rate training zone.
- You hear audible alerts when your heart rate goes outside of your heart rate zone.
- Stop watch to start and stop your exercise session
- Post exercise summary: Duration, maximum heart rate, average heart rate and calories burnt of the exercise session
- Basic time keeping: Time, date but no wake up alarm
- Wireless heart rate monitor (ECG accurate) with an analogue chest strap transmitter and a wrist watch receiver
The features in bold above denote the features found in E-15 but not in E-10.
The E-15 now lets you set your heart rate training zone and alerts you when you are over- or under-training. You no longer train blindly but can now be guided by your heart rate monitor.
The E-15 now has detailed post exercise summary. Once you have finished, you review the duration and your maximum and average heart rates of the session. The E-15 also tells you the calories you have burnt during your exercise session. This last bit (calories consumed) is probably the most important statistic for people exercising to lose weight and keep in good shape. The E-15 calculates the calories burnt using 4 pieces of information: Your weight, your gender, the session duration and your heart rates while you were exercising.
You can now set date too. This makes the E-15 more usable as an every day watch.
Just as with the E-10, the E-15 is capable of interfacing with heart rate interactive exercise equipment. You can replace the battery for the chest strap transmitter yourself but not for the wrist watch unit.
The Ekho E-15 is a much more full featured heart rate monitor. The addition of a calorie counter in particularly will be welcomed by users who are training to:
- keep themselves generally fit and healthy
- manage or lose weight
At $64.95 (MSRP), the E-15 is $15 dearer than the E-10. The small price difference is worth the additional features that have been included.
Reviews: This page has a concise summary of Ekho heart rate monitor reviews.
Further information: Visit Ekho's official web site.
Next up in the series is the Ekho E-20 heart rate monitor. The E-20 has an additional backlight but is otherwise identical to the E-15.
Not sure which heart rate monitor is right for you? Take a look at the Which Heart Rate Monitor page.
Copyright 2007-2011 Heart-rate-monitor-watches.com