Home > Impact Sports > ePulse
ePulse Heart Rate Monitor
The ePulse heart rate monitor by Impact Sports is a strapless heart rate monitor i.e. it does not require a chest strap. The unusual thing about this monitor is that it provides continuous heart rate monitoring. Most other strapless heart rate monitors measure heart rate on demand i.e. when you put your finger on the wrist watch sensors. So this continuous heart rate monitoring feature is a major plus for ePulse.
The ePulse heart rate monitor is not a wrist watch. It is designed rather more like an arm band to be wrapped around the (upper) forearm. Once positioned correctly it continuously measures your heart rate. You can have the heart rate display on all the time or you can save battery by turning on the display only when you want it.
Important Note: There is a newer version of the ePulse. Please take a look at the ePulse2.
The main features of ePulse heart rate monitor are:
- Continuous heart rate monitoring without the use of chest strap
- Based on your personal data (gender, age, weight, height etc), it can calculate and suggest your target heart rate training levels for fat burning zone and cardio conditioning zone. A green indicator light shows when you are training within the zone.
- The display can show the following basic training data: heart rate, exercise time and exercise calories burned
- Further training data can also be reviewed: basal metabolic rate (see note 1), average, minimum and maximum heart rates, total daily calories burned, total daily exercise calories burned (see note 2)
- Pressing the reset button resets the following quantities: average, minimum and maximum heart rates, all the exercise calories burned
- The display can be viewed continuously or turned on only on demand. The on demand display mode saves battery.
- LED display for easy reading day or night
- Uses AAA batteries
Note 1: Basal metabolic rate is an estimate of the total calories you will burn in a day without exercise based on your personal data.
Note 2: The values of the following quantities: average, minimum and maximum heart rates, total daily calories burned and total daily exercise calories burned are values obtained since the last (daily) reset. They do not relate to the session that you have just completed.
The ePulse heart rate monitor is an innovative product, being able to provide continuous heart rate monitoring without a chest strap. Its heart rate measurement accuracy is comparable to other heart rate monitors which require the use of a chest strap. It is designed for daily activities, and not just for intense exercises such as running or aerobics. It also keeps a total of your daily calories burnt, in addition to the calorie burnt due to exercise. For exercisers who finds wearing chest strap uncomfortable or who simply are tired of wearing it, and yet who want continuous heart rate monitoring and calorie counting, then ePulse may just be the right strapless heart rate monitor.
This takes you to Amazon for some of the best selections for this model. Certain selections come with FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Further information: Visit Impact Sports' official web site.
Not sure which heart rate monitor is right for you? Take a look at the Which Heart Rate Monitor page.
Copyright 2007-2011 Heart-rate-monitor-watches.com