Home > Polar > FS1
Polar FS1 Heart Rate Monitor
Polar FS1 heart rate monitor is currently the most basic of all Polar heart rate monitors. It is the entry level monitor in Polar's fitness monitor series (F- and FS- series). It is intended for general use and fitness training.
Here are the main features about the Polar FS1 heart rate monitor. It has:
- Continuous Heart Rate Monitoring
- Manual Setting of Heart Rate Training Zone with Audio and Visual Alarm
- Duration of Exercise Session (using its Stop Watch)
- Average Heart Rate of Exercise Session
- Basic Time Keeping - can set the time only, but not day of the week or date
- Wireless heart rate monitor composed of an analogue chest strap transmitter and a wrist watch receiver
- Water resistant up to 50m
However, it does not have the following basic features:
- Maximum Heart Rate of Exercise Session
This Polar FS1 heart rate monitor is pretty basic. But it does the job if:
- you are new to heart rate monitoring, or
- your requirements are modest and you just want to use something simple, or
- you have a limited budget.
Bear in mind that you can't exactly use it as a ordinary digital watch since you can't set the day of the week (Tues, Wed etc) or the date. The lack of a backlight may also be an issue for you if you happen to do a lot of exercise in the dark. Its suggested retail price is $69.95.
This takes you to Amazon for some of the best selections for this model. Certain selections come with FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Reviews: This page has a concise summary of Polar heart rate monitor reviews.
Further information: Visit Polar's official web site.
The next one up in the series of Polar fitness monitors is the Polar FS2C (which supercedes the Polar FS2). It includes the two basic features missing in the FS1.
Not sure which heart rate monitor is right for you? Take a look at the Which Heart Rate Monitor page.
Copyright 2007-2011 Heart-rate-monitor-watches.com