Home > Sigma Sport > Onyx Easy
Sigma Sport Onyx Easy
Sigma Sport Onyx Easy heart rate monitor is an intermediate heart rate monitor. It is the next one up from the Onyx Balance/Classic in the Sigma Sport Onyx series. It uses digital wireless transmission technology and has quite a number of additional features (in bold in the list below) compared to the Onyx Balance/Classic.
Heart Rate Monitor
The main features of the Sigma Onyx Easy heart rate monitor are:
- Continuous heart rate monitoring
- You can manually set your heart rate training zone.
- You can also get the watch to automatically set your heart rate training zone based on your gender, age and weight.
- You can set an alarm to alert you when you are training above or below your heart rate zone limits
- You can run 2 independent stop watches with start, (pause, restart,) and stop.
- Countdown timer
- You can review your training duration, average heart rate, maximum heart rate, calories consumed and current time during your exercise session.
- After you have finished, you can review details of the session: Date, start time, total duration, average heart rate, maximum heart rate, calories consumed, time in your target zone, percentage of time spent in target zone.
- You can also review cumulative data summed over longer periods of time (per week, per month and since last reset): Number of training sessions, total training duration, average training duration and total calories burnt.
- Basic time keeping: Time, date and alarm
- Button tone: If this is switched on, you get a beep when you push a button.
- Wireless heart rate monitor (ECG accurate) with a digital chest strap transmitter and a wrist watch receiver
- Self-changed batteries for both the wrist watch and the transmitter
- Bicycle mounting bracket
Note: Digital transmission means that you can train with a group of people in close proximity with hardly any risk of interference from their heart rate monitors. The downside is that your transmitter chest belt is not going to work with gym equipment like treadmills etc.
You can choose to train in the Fat Burner Zone (55 to 70% of HR Max) or the Fitness Zone (70 to 80% if HR max) when you get the watch to set your heart rate limits automatically, depending on your objective for the session.
The Sigma Sport Onyx Easy comes now with 2 independent stop watches. The first stop watch is the one you normally use when you are training. The second stop watch is one which you can use separately to time the duration of something else (whatever you need).
You can now also use a countdown timer to specify an exact duration. Once the specified duration has elapsed, the watch beeps.
With the Sigma Sport Onyx Easy heart rate monitor, you can review more of your training data such as maximum heart rate during the session and time spent training in your target zone etc.
The Sigma Sport Onyx Easy heart rate monitor offers a few additional functionalities over the Onyx Balance/Classic, mainly in terms of better reporting of training data. The additional stop watch and countdown timer can also be of use to some users. It has a wake up (daily) alarm too, making it quite usable as an ordinary watch.
This takes you to Amazon for some of the best selections for this model. Certain selections come with FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Reviews: This page has a concise summary of Sigma Sport heart rate monitor reviews.
Further information: Visit Sigma's official web site.
The next wireless heart rate monitor in the Onyx series is the Sigma Sport Onyx Fit.
Not sure which heart rate monitor is right for you? Take a look at the Which Heart Rate Monitor page.
Copyright 2007-2011 Heart-rate-monitor-watches.com