Home > Sportline > Solo 960
Sportline Solo 960 Heart Rate Monitor with Pedometer
The Sportline Solo 960 is a strapless heart rate monitor and a pedometer all in one unit. It uses S-Pulse technology to measure your heart rate with ECG accuracy and so it does not require a chest strap transmitter. To measure your heart rate, simply touch anywhere on the stainless steel case (Any Touch Technology) on the
wrist watch for 3 to 8 seconds for the heart rate to be displayed. The Sportline Solo 960 measures heart rate on demand, rather than continuously. The integrated pedometer measures steps, distance, speed and a host of other information. The Solo 960 is one model up from the Solo 925 model.
Its main features are:
- Strapless (no chest strap), on demand heart rate monitoring
- Any Touch Technology
- Heart rate displayed on wrist watch in 3 to 8 seconds after measurement as beats per minutes and percentage of your maximum heart rate
- Heart rate zone with alerts. The heart rate zone can be set manually. You can also choose one of 3 predefined heart rate zones automatically calculated from your personal profile data. The heart rate alerts can be set to on or off.
- Pedometer: It measures steps, exercise time, distance, speed, and calories burnt. Pedometer has 5 levels of sensitivity for you to adjust if necessary.
- Exercise schedule: You can set up 6 user-defined schedules that start or stop pedometer at a specific time.
- For the purpose of doing various calculations accurately, you will need to input several personal profile data: gender, weight, walking stride, running stride, birth date.
- Stop watch (count up timer) with 50 laps
- Countdown timer
- Heart rate memory: It stores the last 50 heart rate readings with time and date.
- Exercise File Memory: This feature is associated with the use of the pedometer. It stores 7 daily records and 10 weekly records. Each record shows total exercise time, total distance, average speed and total calorie expenditure.
- Basic time keeping: time, date, dual time zone, 5 daily alarms (on/off), hourly chime (on/off)
- Button beep (on/off)
- Adjustable LCD contrast
The features printed in bold are found in the Sportline Solo 960 model but not in the preceding Solo 925 model. Note that we are comparing against Solo 925, NOT against Solo 925W. Solo 925W also has a built-in pedometer. Note also that instead of a separate calorie counter, calorie counting is now integrated as part of the pedometer feature.
There is also a version of Solo 960 for women as shown below.
There are quite a number of additions on the Sportline Solo 960: 3 automatically calculated heart rate zones, pedometer, heart rate memory and exercise file memory. You can now choose to train in zone 1 (50% to 65% Max HR), zone 2 (55% to 75% Max HR) or zone 3 (65% to 80% Max HR). The integrated pedometer gives you information on steps walked, exercise time, distance, speed and calories burnt. The pedometer also has 5 levels of sensitivity that you can adjust, in case you think steps are being missed or overcounted.
Now you can recall numbers from previous walks. You can recall the daily totals from the past 7 days, and the weekly totals from the past 10 weeks. These features help you keep an exercise log. A separate feature allows you to recall the last 50 heart rates that you have measured.
There are also a number of minor feature enhancements like laps, exercise schedules, adjustable screen contrast etc. There is even a pedometer setting where you can set a specific time (of inactivity) to sleep i.e. if there is no activity within the time that you specify, the watch goes automatically to sleep.
The Sportline Solo 960 is a strapless heart rate monitor plus a pedometer.
It measures heart rate using Any Touch Technology, allows you to set a heart rate zone manually or automatically, has a stop watch with laps, a countdown timer and a pedometer with schedule and memory. Furthermore it has memory for previous heart rate measurements. The Solo 960 heart rate monitor/pedometer is the most advanced in the Sportline Solo series.
This takes you to Amazon for some of the best selections for this model. Certain selections come with FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Further information: Visit Sportline's official web site.
Not sure which heart rate monitor is right for you? Take a look at the Which Heart Rate Monitor page.
Copyright 2007-2011 Heart-rate-monitor-watches.com