Home > Polar > RS300X G1
Polar RS300X G1 Heart Rate Monitor
The Polar RS300X G1 heart rate monitor is an intermediate heart rate monitor for runners. It is actually just the Polar RS300X heart rate monitor plus the Polar G1 GPS Sensor. To use it, simply attach the GPS to your upper arm. The GPS Sensor then measures speed and distance while you are running/cycling/in line skating etc outdoor and sends the speed and distance information to the wrist watch. Note that the GPS Sensor only works outdoor when the view of the sky is unimpeded since it relies on satellite technology to give it speed and distance information. If you are mainly running indoor on a treadmill or on an indoor track, then do consider the Polar RS300X SD instead.
The core features of the Polar RS300X and the Polar RS300X G1 are the same. They can be found on the Polar RS300X page.
The additional functionalities of the Polar RS300X G1 that are given by the addition of the G1 GPS Sensor are as follows:
- Polar G1 GPS Sensor: It is to be attached to your upper arm to measure speed and distance.
- Training limits can be set on your speed/pace. When you run/cycle/move too fast or too slow, you get to hear a beep to remind you to slow down or speed up, respectively.
- On Polar RS300X, a timer can be set to beep (after an elapsed period of time) to alert you to change into another target zone. On Polar RS300X G1, a distance can be set to beep (i.e. after a certain distance has been traversed) to alert you to change into another zone. You can now do a speed/pace based zoned exercise. See the next bullet point.
- It is possible to define (up to) three speed/pace zones in a single session. You can, if you wish, use three distances to define how far you are going to train in each speed/pace zone and to remind you to change zone.
- While running/cycling/moving outdoor, the wrist watch shows various views of your progress including your current speed/pace and distance.
- When taking laps, it will be possible to see not just time for the last lap, but also the distance and the average speed/pace for the lap
- AutoLap function: The Polar RS300X G1 can be set to record laps automatically, for example, every mile. Remember: It is a distance sensor so it knows when to record laps.
- It is possible to choose whether you want to display speed or pace on your wrist watch: Speed dispalys mph (miles per hour) or km/h. Pace displays min/mi (minute per mile) or min/km. Most runners think intuitively in terms of pace. They say: I am going to do 6 minute mile for the 10K. I plan to do 7 minute mile for the marathon etc. So this is perfect for you as a runner.
- Additional short summary info: Max pace/speed, average pace/speed, distance covered
- Additional full summary (File) info: Limits of pace/speed zone(s), max pace/speed, average pace/speed, distance covered. For each lap, you can now view the average pace/speed of the lap, the end pace/speed of the lap, the lap distance and the distance from the start to the end of the lap.
- Additional Weekly File info: Total distance you have done for the week
- Additional cumulative statistic: Total distance covered since last reset
The simple additional of a Polar G1 GPS Sensor introduces really quite a lot of additional functionalities to the feature set of the Polar RS300X. Remember that:
Polar RS300X G1 = Polar RS300X + Pod G1 GPS Sensor
Distance runners are often interested to know what their pace is (was) at various stages of their race. The Polar RS300X G1 heart rate monitor gives them just that information. And if the AutoLap feature is switched on, taking lap is done automatically.
The Polar RS300X G1 is specifically designed for the needs of runners/cyclists/in-line skaters and those who like to do their training outdoor. It provides speed and distance information. It is also compatible with the optional S1 Foot Pod, which can be used if GPS signal is weak/non-existent. It is a flexible training system.
This takes you to Amazon for some of the best selections for this model. Certain selections come with FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Reviews: This page has a concise summary of Polar heart rate monitor reviews.
Further information: Visit Polar's official web site.
The next one up in Polar's RS series is the Polar RS400 and RS400SD heart rate monitors.
Not sure which heart rate monitor is right for you? Take a look at the Which Heart Rate Monitor page.
Copyright 2007-2011 Heart-rate-monitor-watches.com