Home > Polar > RS300X SD
Polar RS300X SD Heart Rate Monitor
The Polar RS300X SD heart rate monitor is an intermediate heart rate monitor for runners. It is actually just the Polar RS300X heart rate monitor plus the Polar S1 Foot Pod. To use it, simply attach the Foot Pod to one of your running shoes. The Foot Pod then measures speed and distance while you are running and sends the information to the wrist watch. Your speed/pace and distance information are then displayed and recorded. There is also the Polar RS300X G1, and that version comes with the G1 GPS Sensor suitable for outdoor use.
The core features of the Polar RS300X and the Polar RS300X SD are the same. They can be found on the Polar RS300X page.
The additional functionalities of the Polar RS300X SD that are given by the addition of the S1 Foot Pod are as follows:
- Polar S1 Foot Pod: It is to be attached to your running shoe to measure speed and distance.
- Training limits can be set on your speed/pace. When you run too fast or too slow, you get to hear a beep to remind you to slow down or speed up, respectively. Instead of training in a heart rate zone, you can train in a speed/pace zone.
- On Polar RS300X, a timer can be set to beep (after an elapsed period of time) to alert you to change into another target zone. On Polar RS300X SD, a distance can be set to beep (i.e. after a certain distance has been traversed) to alert you to change into another zone. You can now do a speed/pace based zoned exercise. See the next bullet point.
- It is possible to define (up to) three speed/pace zones in a single session. You can, if you wish, use three distances to define how far you are going to train in each speed/pace zone and to remind you to change zone.
- While running, the wrist watch shows various views of your progress including your current speed/pace and distance.
- When running laps, it will be possible to see not just time for the last lap, but also the distance and the average speed/pace for the lap.
- AutoLap function: The Polar RS300X SD can be set to record laps automatically, for example, every mile. Remember: It is a distance sensor so it knows when to record laps.
- It is possible to choose whether you want to display speed or pace on your wrist watch: Speed dispalys mph (miles per hour) or km/h. Pace displays min/mi (minute per mile) or min/km. Most runners think intuitively in terms of pace. They say: I am going to do 6 minute mile for the 10K. I plan to do 7 minute mile for the marathon etc. So this is perfect for you as a runner.
- Additional short summary info: Max pace/speed, average pace/speed, distance covered
- Additional full summary (File) info: Limits of pace/speed zone(s), max pace/speed, average pace/speed, distance covered. For each lap, you can now view the average pace/speed of the lap, the end pace/speed of the lap, the lap distance and the distance from the start to the end of the lap.
- Additional Weekly File info: Total distance you have run for the week
- Additional cumulative statistic: Total distance run since last reset
The simple additional of a Polar S1 Foot Pod introduces really quite a lot of additional functionalities to the feature set of the Polar RS300X. Remember that:
Polar RS300X SD = Polar RS300X + Pod S1 Foot Pod
Distance runners are often interested to know what their pace is (was) at various stages of their race. The Polar RS300X SD heart rate monitor gives them just that information. And if the AutoLap feature is switched on, taking lap is done automatically.
The Polar RS300X SD is specifically designed for the needs of runners. If you want speed and distance measurements and yet do not want something too complicated, then you should consider the Polar RS300X SD heart rate monitor system. It is one of the most popular running heart rate monitors on the market. It is full of useful features. Highly Recommended.
This takes you to Amazon for some of the best selections for this model. Certain selections come with FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Reviews: This page has a concise summary of Polar heart rate monitor reviews.
Further information: Visit Polar's official web site.
The next one up in Polar's RS series is the Polar RS400 and RS400SD heart rate monitors.
Not sure which heart rate monitor is right for you? Take a look at the Which Heart Rate Monitor page.
Copyright 2007-2011 Heart-rate-monitor-watches.com